OPENING KNIGHT 2016 will feature a fantastic line-up of 23 bands, including an exhibition performance by the “Fightin’ Blue Hens” of University of Delaware! As always, our Band Booster Club is working hard to ensure a show that runs as smoothly as possible. With that in mind, please note the following:
- TICKETS - Tickets are available at the gate ($10 for adults, $8 for students/seniors). Folks may present the Discount Voucher at the gate (either hard copy or electronically) to receive $1 off each ticket.
- UPDATES – Follow @hempfieldbands on Twitter for Opening Knight updates and join our REMIND (https://www.remind.com/join/hmkok2016) for updates! Feel free to call/text me at 570.350.3428 with any questions/issues.
- PERFORMANCE TIMES – Performance times have been determined and are available on the CBA website.
- SHOW PASS – As per CBA rules, all Staff, Handlers, Drivers, and Chaperones entering the gate MUST display Cavalcade Show Passes. All other spectators must purchase a ticket to the event.
- CONCESSIONS – In addition to our home concession stand, a second concession stand for bands will be open on the visitors’ side of the field during and after the show.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER – The show will occur rain or shine. In the event of lightning, our metal stands must clear and we will wait out the storm in a weather delay. We must wait 30 minutes until the last lightning bolt prior to resuming the event. In the event of a severe weather issue, the show may be moved indoors as a standstill in our Performing Arts Center.
Again, many thanks for planning to attend our 24th Annual “Opening Knight” Band Festival! We look forward to hosting another GREAT event in the pageantry arts!
Director of Bands
Hempfield High School